Monday, February 26, 2018

"Crazy Plantlady" Layout & How to Use Vintage Music Book Pages with Kathleen

Hey there, it's Kathleen here again and today I want to show you how you can incorporate the vintage music book sheets that were included in the February "Cedar Grove" scrapbooking kit.

For my layout I used the music book sheet as a layering piece for my background. Behind that I used the CTK exclusive paper with the very subtle yellow geometric pattern. The music sheet was perfect to add some more texture and pattern to my page without overloading it, since the colour of the music sheet is quite neutral.

Crazy Plantlady by ScatteredConfetti. // #citrustwistkits #scrapbooking #cratepaper

Crazy Plantlady by ScatteredConfetti. // #citrustwistkits #scrapbooking #cratepaper

Because the colours in my photo were very vibrant already, I didn't want to add too much colour anymore. I pulled the green and red/terracotta from the photo and added some more yellow bits and pieces to repeat the yellow from the patterned paper in my background.

I didn't add any journaling on this page because it doesn't really need it. This is just a photo of some (of the many) plants in our home, taken while my sansevieria plant was in bloom :)

Crazy Plantlady by ScatteredConfetti. // #citrustwistkits #scrapbooking #cratepaper

To fill the white space on the lower half of my page, I added another little cluster of labels, ticket stubs (that I cut from the Crate Paper Flourish "Always" paper) and one of the Pinkfresh Studio "Let Your Heart Decide" leatherette stickers.

Crazy Plantlady by ScatteredConfetti. // #citrustwistkits #scrapbooking #cratepaper

I used the exclusive stamp set and some spray mists to finish off my page and that's it :)

Hope you like this layout and feel inspired to use the vintage music book sheets from your kits! Or maybe you already have? Let me know how you used yours!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment