Thursday, September 7, 2017

Superhero / September kit / Kira Ness

Hey everyone!  It's Kira again with a layout to share with you using the "Twin Falls" scrapbook kit.  I am scrapbooking one of my favorite subjects today, my son.  He just turned three and his obsession with all things superhero runs deep.



There was one piece of ephemera in the Escape the Ordinary ephemera pack that inspired my entire layout.  It says "No one is you, that is your superpower."  I thought it was perfect for this picture of my son in (one of his many) batman shirt(s).



The background paper is the gorgeous PFS "Discover" paper with the plus sign pattern.  I used a cut file to create a large title.  And I backed it with the Paige Evans Turn the Page paper #11.  The color isn't what you might expect for your typical superhero layouts, but it coordinated perfectly with that piece of ephemera.



While I had my die cut machine out, I decided to cut out some batman symbol shapes in three sizes.  I used the textured white American Crafts cardstock to cut out the symbols, then used the "smooshing" technique and some grey distress ink on top of them.



I used a couple other pieces from the Escape the Ordinary ephemera pack to create some clusters around my page.  And then I was done!



You can watch my entire process here:



Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira 


 
 

1 comment: