Saturday, May 20, 2017

Saturday 3-to-Inspire Challenge

Hi all and welcome to this week's edition of our 3 to Inspire Challenge!


Each Saturday, a member of our team prepares three prompts to serve as starting points for a project. In order to play along with us AND be eligible for a prize, you must complete a project that includes all three prompts. This is what I have for you this week:

1. Use side A and side B from one of your pattern papers.
2. Use a paint medium on your page.
3. Use at least one element from your stash.

This is what I came up with using May's "Brighton" Scrapbook Kit along with die-cuts from the Brighton Die-Cut paper pieces (from May's Brighton Pocket Life Kit):


Maggie is one of our favorite subjects and this black-and-white photo works great with the bright pops of color on the exclusive Citrus Twist Kits pattern paper. Here are some of my layers. The element I used from my stash are the gold puffy Oasis stickers (now in the CTK shop) plus a scrap of antique fabric with a lace edge.


Here is another peek of my layers:


For my paint medium I brushed on small cross shapes in acrylic medium, waited for it to dry, then brushed over the top with Heidi Swapp's Color Mist. I wanted the crosses to be subtle, so I chose a soft yellow mist to paint over the acrylic, then used water to make the yellow fade.


Now it's your turn! To play along, simple create a project using this week's prompts, upload it to the CTK Gallery with today's date (5/20) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a small prize from the CTK Store. Can't wait to see what you all create!

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment