Thursday, May 18, 2017

May Grace Box Kit - Dedra Long

Hi there friends!

It's Dedra here with you today and I'm SO excited to be here! I just wanted to share a journaling bible layout I created using the May GraceBox kit. 

When I opened the kit, the first thing that intrigued me was the little wooden crosses. These crosses are perfect to include in your journaling bible or faith planner or notebook. They are thin, come in various sizes and I couldn't wait to use them.

If you follow me on any other social media outlets you will know that I LOVE to use stamps, watercolor and mixed media in my journaling bible. This kit includes the CUTEST set of layering floral stamps and words of encouragement.


For this journaling bible entry I chose Romans 12:9-13.
Love must be sincere. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Reading this piece of scripture was such a good reminder to be kind to one another. Be giving, loving and it also reminded me of a quote that I see often and love - Spread kindness like confetti! 


For this entry, I first prepared the page with clear gesso, once dry, then watercolored some leaves to "frame" the page. 


Next, I pulled out those cute floral layering stamps and got started adding them around and in between the leaves. 


The "be kind to one another" and paint stroke stamp was added as a header to start the journaling off. 


To finish the layout I added those super cool wooden crosses, as well as some yellow paint splatter.


Thank you SO much for stopping by and hopefully you were inspired to dig into His word and create something beautiful that makes your heart happy! 
You can snatch up the May GraceBox kit here.
Much love friends!! 
xoxoxo D.



No comments:

Post a Comment