Saturday, May 6, 2017

3 to Inspire

Hi everyone! It’s Melissa Renkawitz, your Guest Designer for May, here to provide you with this week’s 3-to-Inspire challenge.

 
First let me share my overall layout with you, for which I used the May "Brighton" Scrapbook Kit. The main kits are really versatile, and can be used for so much more than traditional layouts!   I actually used the main kit only, to create this Project Life layout.
 

In lieu of pre-made journaling cards, I used a lot of labels throughout the layout.  The Pinkfresh die-cut pack in the kit included several labels which I used, in addition to some labels from the Citrus Twist cut-apart sheet.   Sometimes I’m not in the mood for lengthy journaling and labels are the perfect size to add just a bit of info.  So that’s your first point of inspiration- use labels!
 

 
A side note, that base card under the giraffe photo above is actually a piece of packaging from the puffy sticker set in the kit! 
 
Below, the card on the left shows another use of a label, this time just acting as the base for a small cluster of words and embellishment.  The card on the right brings us to our next point of inspiration- use stamps as journaling prompts!
 

 
To create this card I used a few stamps from the stamp set provided in the main kit, stamped them on a scrap piece of cardstock, and cut them out.  I then adhered them to a watercolor background using pop dots to give them some dimension, and added my handwritten journaling in-between.  I really love how this card turned out!


 
Finally, we move on to our last point of inspiration.  On my photo below, you will see a very subtle stitched frame.  I liked the photo, but wanted to highlight the center of the image a bit.  Using a copper thread (to coordinate with other copper accents in the layout), I hand stitched 2 “boxes” to create a frame around the area I wanted to highlight.  Then like “string art” I randomly added stitching between the inner and outer box.  It’s a subtle effect but adds a nice bit of interest (especially with the metallic thread!).  So that’s your last point of inspiration- stitch directly on a photo!
 

 
Here are your 3-to-Inspire items for this week:

  1. Use labels
  2. Use stamps as journaling prompts
  3. Stitch directly on a photograph
Now go grab some supplies and play along, we’d love to see what you create! For a change to win some happy mail from Citrus Twist, create a project using the three prompts and upload it to our gallery with today's date (5/6/) in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment