Thursday, December 29, 2016

'Dream a Little Dream of me' with Karen

Hi, It’s Karen here today. I hope that you had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed spending time with family & friends. Today I want to share a layout I created with the December Kinsley scrapbook kit and Embellishment Add-On.



I feel as though I haven't scrapbooked in a while, & I've been itching to create, so once Christmas was over I could really concentrate on my craft, it felt so good! This kit has some beautiful papers in it, really dreamy colors & embellishments. When I saw the 'Pink Paislee' Moonstruck Cork Stickers with 'Dream' on it, my inspiration hit overload. Does that happen to you? I sometimes have no idea of what I want to create & use to design a layout, so I take my time to really look at the papers & embellishments & with luck, I usually am inspired. Fail that I use Pinterest, ha ha.




I loved stitching around my hand-cut 'speech' cloud using plain white embroidery thread & couldn't resist adding some more stitching on my layout elsewhere.

The kit also comes with 'We R Memory Keepers' Layered Tags, they are gorgeous & I had a hard time choosing which ones to use on my layout, in the end I went for the 'eyes' tag & my fave - black & white stripes. I love adding more layers to my photos & deciding what papers to add underneath is my fave part. My final embellishment to any layout is paint splatters, I love this part. I use colors that will accentuate my layout, I add water to my palette, get my brush full of paint & then splatter until I am satisfied. I never over do it, I glance over my layout after each splatter & ask myself is it enough? If not, I keep going!




I hope I've inspired you to create a layout today using your December Kits. Thanks for joining me, see you in January 2017! Can you believe that? Wow time certainly goes by too fast.

Karen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment