Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sunday Sketch

Happy Sunday Sketch Day!!

Brooke here to share some sketch inspiration to hopefully get you making something today!  Here's a look at this week's sketch...






Immediately, I'm intrigued by the grid column behind the photo and know I'll use this inspiration as my main design element.  Here's what I came up with...





I thought it would be fun to incorporate collage paper art into this project.  I went with random, hand-cut shapes in a loose grid column to create a playful and carefree feeling...perfect for these photos of my 6-months old niece, Riley.





Originally, this was a 9x12 layout.  But, I went a little overboard and the column ended up being so wide that it almost took up the whole page.  Not wanting to cover any of the elements up with a photo, I decided to add on a 3-inch piece of patterned paper to make this a 12x12 layout again.  This allowed additional space for photo placement and journaling.





Once I had the photos placed, I added in the journaling, silver hearts and the chipboard title to complete the page. 



***Now it's your turn!*** 


To play along with this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge, create a layout based off of today's sketch, upload it to the gallery with today's date (6/26) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to be used in the CTK Store!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment