Thursday, October 24, 2013

Be Inspired By Scattered Circles

Hello, everyone! Melissa here with your weekly Be Inspired post.

Our Inspiration Girl, Kasia, does a fantastic job of rounding up images that fit a theme, and today I thought I'd try something similar while showing you the inspiration behind one of my kit layouts this month.

While browsing my Pinterest boards looking for something to spark my next layout, I noticed that I'd pinned several images of clustered or scattered groupings of circles.

Easter-Tea-Cakes_-BakersRoyale_Post-1-1024x10241
Image Credit

decor4
Image Credit

Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-26 um 18.40.56
Image Credit

Those circles took the form of everything from plates to bowls to cakes, and when I looked at them they reminded me of the Fine China patterned paper from the Crate Paper Flea Market collection. This particular pattern includes lots of decorative plate images, and before I knew it I found myself cutting them out and arranging them in a loose cluster on my page.

no place like homegoods.jpg

I admit that I struggled with the photo arrangement on this layout- until I tilted them all at an angle, that is! It's something that I hadn't tried before, but the diagonal direction of the photos flows well with the direction of the plates and helps it all work together.

DSC_4440.jpg

I also added a few more circular elements in the form of the metal gears from the Embellishment Add-On and one of the exclusive flair buttons in this month's kits.

DSC_4438.jpg

DSC_4437.jpg

Sometimes browsing the non-scrapbook related images that you've pinned can be just as inspiring for your layouts as lifting or using a sketch!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos for inspiration! We were at Homegoods today too! Love that store!

    ReplyDelete